Through the power of Artificial Intelligence (AI) or Robotic Process Automation (RPA), you can focus on the real exceptions in your supply chain.
Our algorithms help to identify improvements in various logistics processes. Get more insight into all facets of the supply chain and get predictions or recommendations that enable more accurate decisions.
But I already plan? I already look at data? I already have systems?
That’s right, but these are static models and not dynamic models. By means of artificial intelligence / RPA you can make enormous optimization steps.
The logistics industry is one of the largest employment sector! Thousands of people work there and it is very important for our country as a transit point to the rest of Europe.
As a country it is important to stay ahead of the competition because other countries and ports are gaining ground.
Artificial intelligence and RPA is one of the most important opportunities for further development as a sector, says logistics.nl.
TNO has conducted a study and also states that conventional working methods are now falling short, but that Artificial Intelligence / RPA offers the opportunity to deal with this and to offer solutions.
In 2017, there were only 10,000 people worldwide in the artificial intelligence (AI) and Robotic Process Automation (RPA) industry, 95% of which were employed by huge multinationals such as Google and Amazon.
This means that only 500 people in the free sector worked on artificial intelligence. There are already a few more, but still too few to allow the other industries to catch up. Companies such as Google and Amazon have been investing huge sums of money in artificial intelligence for a number of years now. This has given them a huge lead over the competition.
Because artificial intelligence and RPA will change business addresses so much, rules have already been put in place by the US government to curb acquisitions of US AI-related companies by Chinese companies (and this was for Trump ..)
The English parlement also sees that it is very important for our country to be a technological leader in artificial intelligence and RPA. That is why in recent years there have been training courses and she wants to double the investments in artificial intelligence and is allocating about 1 billion euros to achieve this. The cabinet has also issued a special action plan for intensive public-private partnerships and investments for artificial intelligence.
Companies such as Hema are now taking the first step in using artificial intelligence for logistics. They will use artificial intelligence to predict the purchasing behavior of the customer a lot better, so that they can set up a more efficient supply chain.
In an interview with the Secretary of State for Economic Affairs, it is now up to companies and entrepreneurs to invest in artificial intelligence in order to remain competitive with other countries.
So time for action !!
Artificial Intelligence for logistics!
Supplai understands that every company has and works on a core ERP system. The terms AI, artificial intelligence, robotic process automation (RPA), artificial intelligence and perhaps machine learning or deep learning (read more about it in the links in our blog) can therefore be an elusive and difficult to understand technique. Because how do you connect this now?
We believe that you should focus your organization step by step, process by process on the use of artificial intelligence and thus improve your business processes.
Our solutions therefore also connect seamlessly to the systems that already run at your company. Think of it as a new app on your phone! We just add something.
In the text below with examples with artificial intelligence for logistics, get inspired about what your company should look like within 5 years.
Use artificial intelligence for logistics in multiple processes of your warehouse. Combine data from the office or other locations with your WMS. Some examples:
– Let the algorithms determine in which box the shipped goods can be packed most efficiently.
– Let the algorithms determine how best to fill a truck and when in the day you can best fill that truck
– Let the algorithms calculate how you are doing at any time of the day. You walk out, you are ready earlier. Then you can immediately take action.
– Use speech algorithms to ask the system where something is or give other instructions. The big advantage is that you always keep your hands free! Good for both safety and efficiency.
– Robotize your warehouse and let algorithms control it.
– Let the algorithms determine how you organize your warehouse. Goods that are sold the most can be stored in other places due to the bar codes. Goods can even be put together in 1 shelf, because certain products are always loaded with the same products, the algorithm can calculate that this may be even more efficient.
– Have incoming goods or material scanned automatically by cameras and determine where it must be unloaded. Avoid a manual booking or registration process.
There are many other examples for a warehouse alone. Don’t let Artificial Intelligence replace your WMS but improve it!
The order process is very important. Let algorithms read orders automatically and save a lot of time when entering orders.
– Have algorithms read (digital) documents such as orders, work orders, arrival / departure documents, BL instructions etc with all preconditions and automatically put them in your system. Avoid so much repetitive work.
– Let our algorithms determine how your truck and / or equipment planning can run most efficiently. They can even make adjustments during the day according to how the day goes.
– Algorithms can predict the behavior of customers in a certain season in combination with the current behavior.
– Do you really drive a lot of miles? Let our algorithms determine when and where they can best refuel without deviating too much from the route and still grab the cheapest pump. Good for the wallet as well as for the environment.
There are many repetitive processes in the financial department that involve data. Here artificial intelligence is well suited to analyze large amounts of unstructured data or to take over tasks.
– If you want to have incoming invoices automatically read and placed in the system, you can do this with our algorithms.
– Algorithms can help you determine your foreign currency overviews. When do you need which currency in response to debtors and creditors in your system
– Start steering even more on KPIs and let algorithms help you with this. Or to make unstructured data transparent and structured and / or even have analyzes made so that you only have to look at it!
There is nothing more precious to a company than material that breaks during an assignment. Use artificial intelligence to reduce this. Some examples:
– Detecting and analyzing damage is already difficult and takes a lot of time. You can predict maintenance with our algorithms
– If you want to go a step further than predicting maintenance, you can combine it with cameras that detect damage and determine together with the algorithm whether the damage should be remedied or not. This way you prevent it from breaking down and this ensures that your trucks or equipment are stationary less often.
Commercial data is often very unstructured and decisions are often made based on intuition. How do you ensure that you make the right predictions based on history? Some examples:
– Predict demand and price trends and use all internal data in combination with our algorithms to make good predictions and analyzes. This allows you to manage your company more efficiently and respond to the right movements.
– Do you receive many prices from suppliers by email? Have this automatically read into your system and are therefore always up to date! Avoid using higher prices or wrong old quotes from your suppliers.
– If you want to take this a step further because it is an important process within your organization, let suppliers analyze prices and identify trends.
– Let our algorithms calculate quotes and predict what other customers should be prepared to pay for your service or product based on other internal data (such as margin per customer).
Every company is different so we will probably have forgotten some examples.
This is also just a selection of what Artificial Intelligence can do for your organization.
One thing is certain, Artificial Intelligence / RPA is the future in logistics!